Job Title: Engineer II
Shift: First Shift (7:00 am - 4:30 pm), 9/80 work schedule
Pay Range: $45,000 - $60,000 per year
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review plans, specifications and drawings received from customers. Evaluate design for fabrication and assembly in a production environment. Recommends alternatives to minimize cost and schedule.
- Responsible for reviewing tooling design and offer recommendations to management if required.
- Must be able to quickly identify and resolve issues affecting the completion of a manufacturing project.
- Determine the methods and sequences of manufacturing operations for moderately complex products. Responsible for creating work instructions, and supporting procedures.
- Provide technical support to production and QA to improve productivity and reduce costs.
- Must be capable of notifying and working successfully with others to resolve issues affecting timely completion of a manufacturing project.
- Work as part of a cross-functional team, but can independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
- Evaluate Engineering Change Requests (ECRs) submitted from all departments and write Engineering Change(s) to implement requests.
Basic Skills Required:
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
- Must have sound knowledge of wire harness assembly methods and manufacturing tools.
- Must be organized and able to read and understand engineering drawings, parts lists, electrical schematics, etc.
- Requires strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interface with all departments.
- Must have good computer software skills with word processing and spreadsheets. AutoCad and/or Solidworks knowledge is a plus.
Education and Certifications:
- B.S. Engineering plus two (2) years relevant experience or AAS Design/BS Tech plus eight (8) years relevant experience related to manufacturing wire harnesses.
- Office environment working prolonged hours on a computer
- Long periods of standing or sitting behind a desk
- As much or as little as requested by the Engineering Manager
- Computer, Fax machine and copiers
- Multi-phone line