CIA&D (Co-Operative Industries Aerospace & Defense) has successfully completed their AS9100:2016 (Rev. D) and ISO 9001:2015 MS2/UPG/SS audits. The audit, performed by Intertek, certifies and registers the company’s management system to the latest AS9100:D and ISO 9001:2015 standards, as applicable to the “Manufacture of Metal Hose/Conduit; PTFE Conduit Assemblies, Flexible Metal Conduit Assemblies, Electrical Wired Harnesses and Ignition Leads for the Aerospace, Space and Defense Industries.”
Effective April 24, 2018, this certification places CIA&D ahead of the curve in meeting the Rev D requirement deadline. Being certified to the latest revision is critical to supporting our key customers (such as Lockheed Martin, Raytheon) as well as positioning the company for future work with other primes. Being certified to Revision D will continue to help CIA&D produce safer and more reliable products to supply to our customer. We do this by promoting risk-based thinking and making continuous process and manufacturing improvements.
The major changes (required to keep up with the world we live in) between Rev C and Rev D are:
- Product Safety was added in selected areas
- Human Factors was added as a consideration in Nonconformity / Corrective Action
- Risk-based thinking integrated throughout the entire Quality Management System
- Counterfeit Products: new requirements were added to keep unapproved products out of the manufacturing industry
- Configuration Management was clarified to better address stakeholders needs (identifying and managing your interested parties)